The Perfect Legging Outfits for Summer
Ice cream trucks beckon in the summer heat, announcing the arrival of longer days to be filled with fun and adventure! It’s the season to make treasured memories with friends and family — from camping and beach outings to star-gazing on warm summer evenings. Dinner moves outdoors, vacations are planned to far-flung destinations, and family barbecues become a weekend ritual. All these activities make soft and stretchy legging outfits for summer a style necessity for everything on your summer calendar.
Visit White Plum for all your summer wardrobe must-haves, including leggings in bright colors, Aztec prints, and capris!
MULTICOLOR LEGGINGS PERSONALITY: VIBRANT + WHIMSICAL
Splashy reds, ultramarine blues, pretty pinks, rich purples, bright yellows — with so many shades, why should you have to choose? Bold, bright hues are always a summer trend, and warm weather is the fashion cue you need to ditch monochrome outfits and embrace color with open arms! Multicolor leggings, in their dizzying variety of prints and patterns, are the foundation for an effortless summer ensemble.
The key is to consider whichever colors are present in the pattern as a palette from which to choose the rest of the outfit. Sticking to those colors will create a unified harmony in any ensemble you put together, mixing those colors and neutral hues. Multicolor leggings team up with crisp summer whites for a beachy-elegant style. For carefree days, pair bright summer hues with a denim vest or chambray button-up, since denim in any shade creates a color counterpoint to bolder shades.
***Multicolor Leggings Pair Perfectly With Solid Colors And Summer Whites
MULTICOLOR LEGGING OUTFITS FOR SUMMER
For the perfect multicolor legging outfits for summer, White Plum has some amazing go-to ideas.
Multicolor leggings + bright tunic top + bohemian jewelry + gladiator sandals + sunglasses
Where to wear: Stay comfy on a road trip with the kids, and look good no matter your destination!
Multicolor leggings + oversized tee + chambray button-up + lightweight scarf + flats
Where to wear: Lounge at the airport lounge, when comfort is key.
Multicolor leggings + summer dress + kimono + fringe cross-body bag + T-strap sandals
Where to wear: Keep it classy during an iced coffee run just before morning work meetings.
5 Mix & Match Summer Essentials
1. Gladiator sandalsWhether you opt for a pair with straps that go just above the ankle, stop at mid-calf, or go all the way to the knee, these summer essentials pair perfectly with breezy summer frocks worn over multicolor leggings. Since strappy, bohemian gladiator sandals can complete any legging outfits for summer, you can opt for a tan pair if you’re wearing vibrant colors and bright patterns or go with classic black with a monochrome outfit.
2. Floral Summer DressWhen the temperatures heat up, we instantly reach for the easy, breezy pieces in our closet. Lightweight and loose are the first two requirements for summer dresses. Floral summer dresses with simple silhouettes should be a part of every girl’s legging outfits for summer, especially ones with embroidery, cutout details, or ruffled hems.
3. Indie-BohemianDangly earrings, wood bangles, beaded statement necklaces, silver and turquoise rings — every legging outfits for summer needs some indie jewelry for boho-chic days. A tribal-inspired necklace or set of bangles fits the relaxed vibe of summer. Invest in indie jewelry that will complete your summer outfits for romantic date nights and weekend trips.
4. Embellished TopAn embellished top adds a dose of sophistication to multicolor legging outfits for summer. Whether it’s a crochet detailing that has a bohemian feel, a Peter Pan collar with its mod charm, a bit of feminine lace, or indie fringe, a little embellishment can go a long way.
5. Chambray Button-UpSummer blues are the definition of retro, all-American cool. Roll up the sleeves and knot a chambray button-up over a summer dress or layer it with an oversized tee. We’re obsessed because few pieces are versatile enough to wear while camping or pair up with sequins.
AZTEC STYLE PERSONALITY: INDIE + BOHEMIAN COOL
Aztec prints have been a big trend the past few seasons, but it’s a trend with staying power. These prints combine chevrons, stripes, polka dots, and other designs in a tribal inspired pattern for both monochrome and multicolor legging outfits for summer. While Aztec designs used to be synonymous with tropical getaways, they have transformed into a chic city print, adding a luxe bohemian feel to summer style.
If you aren’t used to straying from the basics, venturing into prints can seem intimidating, but printed leggings can be effortlessly incorporated into your casual everyday style. If you’re easing your way into prints, keep the top simple, so you can really play with your legging patterns and colors.
Aztec legging outfits for summer can by styled up or dressed down, depending on the occasion. For Sunday morning outings with the family, choose relaxed and easy pieces, like a chambray tunic, comfy flats, and a shoulder bag. If smart casual is what the day calls for, think sleek with some color accents on a black background.
*** Aztec Leggings Pair Perfectly With Fringe, Earthy Hues, and Turquoise Jewelry
AZTEC LEGGING OUTFITS FOR SUMMER
If you need more guidance for some Aztec centric outfits, check out our top three style favorites.
Aztec leggings + loose tank top + kimono + cute beaded sandals
Where to wear: Any outdoor theater or movie venue is a great place to showcase this look.
Weekend Errand Run
Aztec leggings + chambray tunic + statement necklace + carry-all purse + ballet flats
Where to wear: Keep your weekend errands stylish at all times!
Aztec leggings + soft v-neck tee + long pendant necklaces + ankle boots
Where to wear: Strawberry picking with the family at an organic farm.
5 Summer Vacation Packing Tips
1. Write it DownWriting out your packing list is the only way to avoid that moment of stepping into a hotel and suddenly realizing the one thing you forgot to bring! Usually it’s those little things that would be lovely to have, like small pouches to keep toiletries organized, a plastic bag for wet swimsuits, or earphones to listen to music.
2. Always BringSummer trips have certain essentials in our opinion including sandals, sunglasses, swimsuits, tons of SPF, and a good book. You should also keep your leggings close for days that lounging in the hotel room sound like a treat.
3. Healthy Travel SnacksHit up the grocery store before you depart and get granola bars, nuts, dried fruit, and rice cakes. Otherwise when a hunger pang hits on the road, you’ll probably reach for something not quite so healthy.
4. Travel in styleTraveling presents a real fashion dilemma. The need for coziness makes everyone think sweatpants, but that’s just not good for your style morale. On the other hand, skinny jeans and stilettos in the airport can’t be comfortable. Cue the leggings! Add an oversized soft tee, lightweight scarf, and cute flats for a simple but stylish legging outfits for summer travel. Plus leggings fold up easily into a weekend bag, and are versatile enough for woodsy hikes or an afternoon at the museum.
5. Security Line PrepIf you’re flying, be sure to pack instead of wear your jewelry, so you don’t have to remove it piece by piece in the security line. Definitely leave any toiletries over 3 oz at home if you aren’t checking a bag, so you don’t find yourself tossing your favorite moisturizer in the bin before take-off.
CAPRI STYLE PERSONALITY: LAIDBACK + ATHLEISURE
Is it any surprise that fashion has taken a turn for the sensible? The modern woman is happy to swap heels for trainers on laid-back days. Athleisure is everywhere, with celebrities sporting the style and major collaborations like Alexander Wang for H&M making it even more mainstream. Weekend outfits that are versatile and easy require wardrobe pieces designed with functionality in mind. Legging outfits for summer are quickly becoming the new denim as the cozy chic style takes off.
Going from the gym to the street requires bringing your A-game! Mix in chic and feminine pieces with your capris and trainers for an on trend urban look. Although with athleisure, the best accessory might just be a post-spin class glow in your cheeks! Since nailing the sporty-chic look can veer into sloppy tracksuit territory if you’re not careful, you need a few essential accessories to pull it off.
***Capris Pair Perfectly With Summer Dresses, Nautical Stripes, And Athletic Trainers
CAPRI LEGGING OUTFITS FOR SUMMER
To avoid the super messy look, try out our top options for the capris summer look.
Capri leggings + striped boat tee + red lipstick + top knot bun + black flats
Where to wear: Channel Audrey Hepburn for a boardwalk beach stroll!
Post Gym Brunch
Capri leggings + oversized tank top + chambray button-up + sneakers
Where to wear: Look just as good in class as you do out of it for post-gym errands around town.
Capri leggings + patterned shift dress + lightweight scarf + jeweled sandals
Where to wear: Backyard get-togethers with the neighbors.
3 MUST-HAVES FOR AN ATHLEISURE OUTFIT
1. Chic PurseCapri leggings are a gym staple, and if you’re running errands afterwards, they certainly look more put together than gym shorts. A structured bag goes a long way to help ensure your legging outfit for summer doesn’t look like you’re heading to the gym and balances the casual athletic wear with sleek sophistication. Look for a bag in basic black, or a bright color for something a little extra.
2. Bright BaublesThink of athleisure as existing between the locker room and the runway. In order to get the look right, jewelry is a must. Capri leggings can transition from sporty to Sunday casual with a breezy top and pretty embellishments. A big stylish watch, earrings, and bracelets in a bright hue will do the trick.
3. Stylish SneakersCapri leggings and sneakers will see you through an active day. Part of the athleisure look involves wearing sneakers with absolutely everything, including feminine summer dresses thrown over a pair of capris. The ultimate pairs of sneakers are Nikes, Converse, or slip ons. Look for running shoes that aren’t just run of the mill and keep things playful by embracing color.
Legging Outfits for Summer with White Plum
Beyond athleisure, capri leggings are a favorite choice for summer and often essential under short dresses to keep the hemline from being too revealing. Legging outfits for summer are always about getting the proportions right, so avoid wearing a clingy top or form-fitting dress. Shop White Plum for your perfect pair of leggings and check out our style advice for winter, fall, and spring too!