Ice cream trucks beckon in the summer heat, announcing the arrival of longer days to be filled with fun adventures! It’s the season to make treasured memories with friends and family, from camping to beach outings to star-gazing on warm summer evenings. Dinner moves outdoors, vacations are planned to far-flung destinations, and family barbecues become a weekend ritual, making soft and stretchy leggings a style necefssity for everything on your summer calendar. Visit White Plum for all your summer wardrobe must-haves, including leggings in bright colors, Aztec prints, and capris!
3 Go-To Outfits
Option #1: Multicolor leggings + bright tunic top + bohemian jewelry + gladiator sandals + sunglasses
Wear to where: Road Trip with the kids!
Option #2: Multicolor leggings + oversized tee + chambray button-up + lightweight scarf + flats
Wear to where: Airport lounge, when comfort is key
Option #3: Multicolor leggings + summer dress + kimono + fringe cross-body bag + T-strap sandals
Wear to where: Iced coffee run just before morning work meetings
Vibrant + Whimsical
Pairs Perfectly With: Solid colors, summer whites, and bohemian accessories
Splashy reds, ultramarine blues, pretty pinks, rich purples, bright yellows—with so many shades, why should you have to choose? Bold, bright hues are always a summer trend. Warm weather is the fashion cue you need to ditch monochrome outfits and embrace color with open arms! Multicolor leggings, in their dizzying variety of prints and patterns, are the foundation for an effortless summer ensemble.
The key is to consider whichever colors are present in the pattern as a palette from which to choose for the rest of the outfit. Sticking to those colors will create a unified harmony in any ensemble you put together, mixing those colors and neutral hues. Multicolor leggings team up with crisp summer whites for a beachy-elegant style. For carefree days, pair bright summer hues with a denim vest or chambray button-up, since the blue in any shade from acid wash to dark denim, creates a color counterpoint to bolder shades.
5 Mix & Match Summer Essentials
1. Gladiator sandalsWhether you opt for a pair with straps that go just above the ankle, stop at mid-calf, or go all the way to the knee, these summer essentials pair perfectly with breezy summer frocks worn over multicolor leggings. Strappy and bohemian, gladiator sandals complete a summer look. Opt for a tan pair if you’re wearing vibrant colors and bright patterns, or go with classic black if your outfit is leaning towards monochrome.
2. Floral Summer DressWhen the temperatures heat up, we instantly reach for the easy breezy pieces in our closet. Lightweight and loose are the first two requirements for summer dresses. Floral summer dresses with simple silhouettes should be a part of every girl’s wardrobe, especially ones with embroidered detailing, cutout details, or ruffled hems.
3. Indie-bohemianJewelryDangly earrings, wood bangles, beaded statement necklaces, silver and turquoise rings—every wardrobe needs some indie jewelry for boho-chic days. A tribal-inspired necklace or set of bangles fits the relaxed vibe of summer. Invest in indie jewelry that will complete your summer outfits for romantic date nights and weekend trips.
4. Embellished TopAn embellished top adds a dose of sophistication to multicolor leggings. Whether it’s a crochet detailing that has a bohemian feel, a Peter Pan collar with its mod charm, a bit of feminine lace or indie fringe, a little embellishment can go a long way style-wise.
5. Chambray Button-UpSummer blues are the definition of retro, all-American cool. Roll up the sleeves and knot a chambray button-up over a summer dress or layer it with an oversized tee. We’re obsessed because few pieces are versatile enough to wear while camping or pair up with sequins.
3 Go-To Outfits
Option #1:Aztec leggings + loose tank top + kimono + cute beaded sandals
Where to wear: Outdoor movie at the park
Option #2:Aztec leggings + chambray tunic + statement necklace + carry-all purse + ballet flats
Where to wear: Weekend errands
Option #3:Aztec leggings + soft v-neck tee + long pendant necklaces + ankle boots
Where to wear: Strawberry picking with the family at an organic farm
Indie + Bohemian Cool
Pairs Perfectly With: Fringe, earthy hues, and turquoise jewelry.
Aztec prints have been a big trend the past few seasons, but it’s a trend with staying power. Aztec prints combine chevrons, stripes, polka dots, and different designs in a tribal inspired pattern, in both monochrome and multicolor versions. The print used to be synonymous with tropical getaways but they have transformed into a chic city print, adding a luxe bohemian feel to summer outfits.
If you aren’t used to straying from the basics, venturing into prints can seem intimidating. But printed leggings can be incorporated into a casual everyday style with ease. If you’re easing your way into prints, keep the top simple. Aztec leggings matched up with a slouchy tank top, leather or bejeweled sandals, and your favorite sunnies make for a summer uniform to wear on repeat.
Aztec leggings can by styled up or dressed down, depending on the occasion. For Sunday morning outings with the family, choose relaxed and easy pieces, like a chambray tunic, comfy flats, and a shoulder bag. If smart casual is what the day calls for, think sleek and
5 Summer Vacation Packing Tips
1. Write it DownWriting out your packing list is the only way to avoid that moment of stepping into a hotel and suddenly realizing the one thing you forgot to bring! And usually it’s those little things that would be lovely to have, like small pouches to keep toiletries organized, a plastic bag for wet swimsuits, or earphones to listen to music.
2. Always BringSummer trips have certain essentials in our opinion, and those are the following: sandals, sunglasses, swimsuit, tons of SPF, and a good book.
3. Healthy Travel SnacksHit up the grocery store before you depart and get granola bars, nuts, dried fruit, and rice cakes. Otherwise when a hunger pang hits on the road, you’ll probably reach for something not quite so healthy.
4. Travel in styleTraveling presents a real fashion dilemma. The need for coziness makes everyone think sweat pants, but that’s just not good for your style morale. On the other hand, skinny jeans and stilettos in the airport can’t be comfortable. Cue the leggings! Add an oversized soft tee, lightweight scarf, and cute flats for a simple but stylish leggings outfit. Plus leggings fold up easily into a weekend bag, and are versatile enough for woodsy hikes or an afternoon at the museum.
5. Security Line PrepIf you’re flying, be sure to pack instead of wear your jewelry, so you don’t have to remove it piece by piece in the security line. And definitely leave any toiletries over 3 oz at home if you aren’t checking a bag, so you don’t find yourself tossing your favorite moisturizer in the bin before take-off.
3 Go-To Outfits
Option #1: Capri leggings + striped boat tee + red lipstick + topknot bun + black flats
Where to wear: Channel Audrey Hepburn for a boardwalk beach stroll
Option #2: Capri leggings + oversized tank top + chambray button-up + sneakers
Where to wear: Pilates and post-gym errands around town
Option #3: Capri leggings + patterned shift dress + lightweight scarf + bejeweled sandals
Where to wear: Backyard get-togethers with the neighbors
Style Personality: Laidback + Athleisure
Pairs Perfectly With: Summer dresses, nautical stripes, and athletic trainers
Is it any surprise that fashion has taken a turn for the sensible? The modern woman is happy to swap heels for trainers on laid-back days. Athleisure is everywhere, with celebrities sporting the style and major collaborations like Alexander Wang for H&M making it even more mainstream. Weekend outfits that are versatile and easy require wardrobe pieces designed with functionality in mind. Leggings are quickly becoming the new denim as the cozy chic style takes off.
Going from the gym to the street requires bringing your A-game to accessorizing! Mix in chic and feminine pieces with your capris and trainers for an on trend urban look. Though with athleisure, the best accessory might just be a post-spin class glow in your cheeks! Since nailing the sporty-chic look can veer into sloppy tracksuit territory if you’re not careful, here are a few essential accessories for pulling it off.
3 Must-Have’s for an Athleisure Outfit
1. Chic PurseCapri leggings are a gym staple, and if you’re running errands afterwards, they certainly look more put together than gym shorts. But a structured bag goes a long way in creating an outfit that works after your workout, balancing out the casual athletic wear with sleek sophistication. Look for a bag either in basic black or a bright mint green or neon pink for a pop of color.
2. Bright BaublesThink of athleisure as existing between the locker room and the runway. In order to get the look right, jewelry is a must. Capri leggings can transition from sporty to Sunday casual with a breezy top and pretty embellishments. A big stylish watch, earrings and bracelets in a bright hue, and necklaces in any metal will do the trick.
3. Stylish SneakersCapri leggings and sneakers will see you through an active day. Part of the athleisure look involves wearing sneakers with absolutely everything, including feminine summer dresses thrown over a pair of capris. A pair of black sneakers with white or hot pink laces are perfect for any summer athleisure outfit. The ultimate pairs of sneakers are Nikes, Converse, or slip ons. Look for running shoes that aren’t just run of the mill and keep things playful by embracing color. What’s not to love about wearing sneakers all day long?
Beyond athleisure, capri leggings with their shorter length, are a favorite choice for summer and often essential under short dresses to keep the hemline from being too revealing. Leggings outfits are always about getting the proportions right, so avoid wearing a clingy top or form-fitting dress. Bright blue sky days call for quintessentially American looks, and gingham prints are vintage nostalgia at their best. This fabric looked darling on Old Hollywood stars like Katharine Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe, and the modern interpretations in flowy summer dresses and blouses paired with capri leggings is a style checkmate.